Between 1955 and 1959, twenty-six 300S Maserati cars were built with three versions of increasing sophistication. By then, Maserati had a car which was competitive with the best sports racing cars of its class and for many drivers, such as Stirling Moss, it was considered a favorite. Straight-six racing engines were popular with Maserati from the early 1950s. This specific example was one of multiple 300S restored by us and with multiple concours wins under her belt! one of the only 300S Maserati signed by Sir Sterling Moss himself.
- Asking price: Available upon Inquiry
- Chassis no. Available upon inquiry
There was some success in the two-liter class with the A6GCS double overhead cam engines and the 300S engine was developed after successes with the identically engined 250F Grand Prix racing car. The stroke was increased somewhat and the Maserati company now had a 240 horsepower engine (at 7200 RPM). Maserati then experimented with engines increasing from 2.8 liters to a final version, a 3-liter powerhouse capable of 260 horsepower at 6500 RPM.